Saturday, January 1, 2011

An old year and a new year

Oh 2010, what a year.
Full of emotions, thinking, decisions, farewells and significant changes. Those of you, who follow me on this blog already for a while know that this is the year in which I moved from Hamburg to Sydney ...
I wanted to say thank you for coming by here, for leaving lovely comments or just for saying a little hello....

2011, hopefully you will be a year of exciting, surprising moments, moments in which we feel well and comfortable and also full of love, luck and just what we want from life

Let's have a wonderful new year ....
Maria

I would like to show you a couple of moments of my last 12 months....

In January I said 'Goodbye' to Will, who moved back to Australia after living with me in Hamburg....we had a sad but wonderful time at the Café Johanna on his last day in Hamburg....
January 2010
After rearranging the apartment I found my new favourite place. I loved to sit there ....
January 2010
In February, I discovered my mom's old hand-knitted Norwegian jumpers, which kept me warm during the cold Winter
February 2010
I cooked a little Valentines meal and sent it to the other side of the world.
February 2010
Had wonderful Sunday afternoon catch ups with my friends....
February 2010
In March I flew to Autralia to visit Will for three weeks, it changed my life...
March 2010
not just because I learnt how to paint my own teapot, but
March 2010
because of a question I got asked and to which I said yes
March 2010
I was back from my exciting trip in April...back at work and realising step by step about all the things which will be changing in the next couple of months..
April 2010
I got more and more excited about everything which was about to happen, I also knew that my move to Australia in August means to move out of my beloved apartment....to leave dear friends and family, who mean so much to me
April 2010

April 2010
I also gave things some more colour as Spring was a little late that year
April 2010
In May I visited my great friends Nanna and Maria in Copenhagen.....
May 2010
and had visitors from Munich and Berlin staying with me in Hamburg.
May 2010
I also went on many photo excursions with Frau Sieben :) (who will visit me here soon) It was also a month of change as I quit my job...

May 2010
In June I loved the colours of a fresh Summer snack....
June 2010
and the signs in my neighbourhood, after having a wonderful evening eating the best pizza with dear friends in Hamburg
June 2010
In July Will came by to help me move. It was a sad month of farewells and tears in Hamburg...
July 2010
but also sad back home at my parents place....
July 2010
On the 1st of August I landed in Sydney. Welcome new life!
August 2010
I went out for hours to explore the city....
August 2010
August 2010
In September there was still much left to discover and orientate....so many new neighbourhoods
September 2010
I also got myself a second-hand sewing maching which never stood still ever since...
September 2010
In October I thought many times of my friends back home, of Hamburg, my family...missed so many things..tried to think positive ....felt how it is to be homesick...
October 2010
discovered the best café in Sydney....(Single Origin in Surry Hills)
October 2010
and more beautiful things this city has to give....
October 2010
In November I started my new job....realised that I will miss Autumn this year...enjoyed the beautiful light of a night in Sydney...
November 2010
In December I went to the wonderful Finders Keepers market....got excited about my first warm Christmas...
Redfern
and birthday
28

.... to be continued.....

41 comments :

Tana said...

little part of your life jorney is so nice, wish it will be filled with more adorable moments! happy new year &wish you lots of smiles and happiness

MANDY said...

OH Maria this is too good, thanks for the little journey, Happy New Year ... we must really try and meet up in 2011 !!!

Evie said...

oh yay for you. what an amazing year full of big adventures and new beginnings. heres to 2011 being even more fabulous and i wish for you to explore more of your new home (like a trip to melbourne). hope you are enjoying the aussie summer x

Anna Emilia said...

Dear Maria,

It feels like a wonderful year to continue with new sips of tea, walks and journeys to and back.

Yesterday I read many pages of your colorful diary here and enjoyed it so much, once again. All the colors and details. And that you got to change your birthday to summer! Happy belated birthday Maria, many smiles of happiness and warm hugs!

Here, the winter got slowly milder for a few days, it is amazing how things start to feel different on your face. The wind, some lovely smells of earth and forests. Not so many layers. If -14°C is milder really, but I hope to keep the winter still for a few months more.

To new adventures, sewings and landscapes: Happy new year dear Maria!

dear olive said...

What a big, stunning year in photos. Happy new year! Kellie xx

Anne said...

Yes, a whole lot happened to you in 2010, so many different feelings. A year you will definitely remember.
May 2011 bring you more of the good stuff!
Gee your apartment looked gorgeous, no wonder it was hard to leave it, but I'm sure your current one is great too.
And that pic of the sea and swimming pool is amazing.
Take good care of yourself.

KERRY said...

Wow, what a year of events, emotions and excitement! Happy New Year....I hope 2011 brings you everything you wish for. I look forward to following your ventures. x

Nicky said...

What a great way to summarize your year. And what a year! Best wishes for 2011. I am looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful photos.

jeanine said...

oh. SUCH a wonderful read, particularly since i feel like i'll be going through the same emotions over the coming year. thank you for inspiring with your courage and your photos. wishing you a most amazing 2011.

Anja said...

Loved this walk through your 2010. Your photos are beautiful!

Luise said...

wow, ich hab grade richtig gänsehaut bekommen, als ich deinen jahresrückblick gelesen habe. ein bißchen was von deinem mut und deinen veränderungen wünsche ich mir für 2011...
alles liebe und ein tolles neues jahr!
***

Lea said...

great pictures!

naa said...

waw, such a lovely post! Your 2010 was really interesting! I wish you tons of happy moments in 2011 as well and also strong creative spirit!*

Anonymous said...

Yay, what a great post. I hope you have a wonderful 2011 and wish you lots of happiness. Gorgeous ring and gorgeous photos :)

danica said...

i loved going on this journey with you in this post! happy new year, maria :)

jana said...

Ein wirklich wirklich schöner Jahresrückblick Maria, und ein tolles Jahr, auf das du da zurückschaust. Ich habe immer so viel Spass dir zu folgen.
Lieben Dank für deine Mail. Bald wird geantwortet, und bald kommt dann auch hoffentlich deine Swaprevanche.
Oh, und was für ein wunderschöner Ring...
Frohes neues Jahr liebe Maria!!!

Anna said...

what a beautiful blog you have! Hope you have great adventures in new city!

Marion said...

Happy New Year Maria ! I loved this post.
Hope you'll have a lot of love in 2011 and some new shoes !!! ( I love the posts with your shoes on...)

x

Trixi said...

Ein sehr schöner Rückblick, auf ein neues spannendes Jahr :)

Malin said...

How Lovely!! Amazing spirits in your pictures Lady!

I wish you all the best for what is to come!

kristina said...

Ein wirklich schöner Jahresrückblick. Alles Gute für das neue Jahr!

Zelda was a writer said...

what a beautiful year, Maria!!
many kisses!
Camilla

Lucent Imagery said...

As a fairly new follower to your blog, this was such a beautiful way to get to know you and share in your ups and downs of 2010. Thank you for sharing so much. It is a lovely reflective post.

Anonymous said...

ich les noch nicht sooo lang deinen blog mit, aber ich genieße ihn sehr! :)
darf ich mal fragen, wie du will kennen (- & lieben) gelernt hast?
liebe grüße,
sassi

Mary said...

happy new year!
i love these posts people are doing recapping their year through photos.
such a great idea!
i always love stopping by your blog.
it often makes me homesick for the antipodese, especailly at this time fo year when it's summer :)

Sanne said...

wow your blog is AMAZING!!!! love to read and see everything!

Hannah said...

Wow! Amazing photos and what a lovely post and way to share your experiences. Enjoyed reading it :)
Hannah x

Kristina said...

na, das war ja mal ein spannendes jahr!! wow! die bilder sind wir immer wunderschön!
sende dir liebe grüsse nach down under und wünsche dir noch nachträglich alles liebe für 2011.
kristina

; said...

wonderful post, thanks for sharing it this way;) have a happy new year!

Hanna Päivikki said...

hallo maria,
i was happy to find this place of yours and to listen to your thoughts and look at your pictures. made me feel like at home here. may it be a happy and warm new year for you!

Anonymous said...

wow...what a year!!

here's hoping that 2011 will be just as good...if not quite as eventful!!

kristina - no penny for them said...

ach, wieviel ist bei dir passiert! du bist mutig!

ich wünsche dir ein 2011 voller glück und liebe und dass dein herz wurzeln schlägt im neuen zuhause.
herzlich, k

fast times in münchen. said...

Oh wow, I loved this. What an amazing year. I hope 2011 can beat it! Beautiful photos as always. Thanks for sharing. xx
I cant wait for the next installment. Will a return to Hamburg be on the cards? Youve inspired me to pay it a visit.

Katja said...

Sounds/looks like a very eventful and wonderful year! :)

Cati Basmati said...

What a great Jahresrückblick! Your pics are really gorgeous, I am quite jealous ;-)

WSAKE said...

das war ja ein wunderschönes jahr! auf dass 2011 genauso wird!

Helga said...

love your blog. added it to my favourites. hope that's fine for you.

Kim said...

What a wonderful year for you Maria. Wishing you all the best for 2011 as well! xx

Barbara said...

that's a year full of changes! hope 2011 is even more amazing :)

leila said...

Happy New Year! Looks like 2010 was a great year. Congratulations on your engagement by the way. Hope this year brings great things :)

melski said...

What a beautiful post!! Happy 2011 to you too :) I so enjoy your blog, looking forward to more...