Saturday, January 30, 2010

In my mind I am in Sweden I


In my mind I am in Sweden tonight
Don't get me wrong. I love Winter, the snow, the cold...I really do. But I somehow realize that I tend to look at pictures from the warmer times of the year when it is colder outside.

I stumbled over this image a good friend of mine took while we were traveling through Sweden a few years ago.

When I look at it I remember what a great holiday it was, what a beautiful country it is...how much I loved it there, how much fun we had, wild camping at the beautiful lakes, the morning swims, the red houses everywhere like in a fairy tale, the friendly people, the little islands around the coast...
I think of it very often and I thought I could post an image of this great holiday....just when it pops up in my head and I wish to sit at a lake in summer

Me and my camera look forward to having a date with Mr. Winter and some daylight outside this weekend.
But right now...I am in Sweden.

: )

11 comments :

sandra said...

und ich bin in berlin :)

Zelda was a writer said...

ok, me too: i'm in sweden!

WS said...

And me, Im quite far south from Sweden and Hamburg... Mr Summer says hello to you:) He misses you, just like me!

marie said...

i'll visit one day. looks like bliss.

Svenja said...

hätte ich jetzt mary poppins hier, würde ich sie bitten, mit mir in das bild zu springen. : )

Irene said...

ich bin auch dort :)

Dotti said...

Ich komme gleich nach. Aber vorher musst du mir ein paar Fragen beantworten – bitte, bitte. Tack, liebe Maria.

Anonymous said...

that's a great photograph. do you remember what's in that little red structure?

Anonymous said...

@ Katrina: thanks, no I am not sure what was in there...there was a bigger house next to it and I guess the people maybe used it as a little gardening hut

Fine Little Day said...

Oh this look so nice, makes me long for the summer.

Kati said...

Ooooh, ich mag Schweden auch so sehr - und seit neuestem deinen Blog ...

Liebe Grüße auch aus Hamburg.

Kati :o)